Monday, November 19, 2012

Needing a job...

We PCS'd back to Ft Lewis, end of December/January time frame. I've been looking for a job since then. For the last 6 months or so i've been babysitting so I at least have some income coming in. Not that it's a lot, but at least it was something. Last night (Sunday) I find out that the lady I babysit for, contract is up and no longer has a job. A  month before Christmas I loose my only little bit of income that I had coming in besides my husband's deployment check which basically covers bills.

I have to admit, it's kind of hard not getting depressed here. Up until we moved to Korea I worked 45 hours a week and made pretty decent money. Considering I don't have a college degree and worked at a retail store, really good money. Of course I worked long days and random shifts to accomplish that, but at least we had money for Christmas presents and other things that we needed/wanted. Now i'm struggling to figure out what to get the kids for Christmas this year that is actually worth buying but affordable. Not to mention i'm still needing to buy tires for my vehicle which is stored away in our shop because I can't safely drive it anymore...

It's been hard trying to find a job... I've had a few interviews. Even had one that I really thought I had gotten hired for. But no. With Gideon being in school now I also have to make sure whatever job I have is something I can have childcare that works around his school and bus schedule. Which leaves me to working a day job and finding a babysitter in the school district so his bus can pick him up, or an evening/weekend job so that I can find a sitter to take him nights. Of course that's lame too cause I hate to have him out past his bed time, but i'll do what I have to.

I know there's nothing I can do except to keep applying. But it's hard and depressing. Hopefully something will turn up here soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!