Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentines Day cards

This is Gideon's first year being in school during Valentines Day, and I've had plans for cards for his classroom since right after last Valentine's Day. I had found this really cute printable of jars that you taped a plastic bug onto it. Super easy and really cute. I have been excitedly waiting to do this for almost a year. Well a couple of days ago, I came across this really cute card on Etsy and I decided I was going to try and replicate that instead. I needed a monster stamp, which I looked all over for today and had no luck in finding. Since Valentines Day is only a couple of days a way I ended up using this alien looking stamp instead. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it worked. The other item we needed was googly eyes, which I had a bunch of. Of course, things didn't quite work out how I wanted it to (I ran out of the right size of googly eyes and had to use different ones, which of course then changed how it displayed in the hole) but I made it work!

Front of card
Front of card with different googly eye

Inside of card - still needs Gideon to sign them

Like I said, it wasn't exactly how I envisioned them but they turned out cute.

Supplies:

Heart punch
Monster stamp with a space for a googly eye
"U" stamp or die cut
Googly eyes
Circle punch
Red or patterned paper
Brown paper for card

I don't think you really need instructions as it's pretty self explanatory. The hardest part was getting the monster eye to match up with the hole. I finally figured out to stamp the monster then measure from center of eye to bottom of card. Then I measured up on the front of card to the same distance and made a mark where the eye was. Then cut that out with a circle. That seemed to work the easiest for me. If you had a clear stamp that was a monster you could probably do the circle first but mine was a wood block so it didn't work.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!