Thursday, January 3, 2013

29 days of Elf on the Shelf

I'm a little late posting this but I wanted to share all of the pictures from our Elf on the Shelf. Our Elf showed up on Thanksgiving morning with a special breakfast for Gideon. Then we read the Elf on the Shelf story together and Gideon named his Elf Doodle. Gideon didn't quite knew what to think about Doodle at first but after a couple of days, he would get so excited when he found him! He also needed a lot of reminders to not touch Doodle. Next year might go a little bit better with that though.

I will admit, I had a hard time coming up with ideas. There are a ton of Elf on the Shelf compilation articles out there, including my own. But a lot of the ideas involve other items, which we didn't always have. I wanted to have ideas that for the most part involved things I had lying around the house. I'm not saying our Elf was the most adventurous but Gideon enjoyed him and that's all that matters.

Doodle then left us Christmas Eve night/ Christmas morning where he left a picture of him sitting on the Christmas tree and Santa poking into the picture. He also left a little note for Gideon telling him goodbye and he hopes to see him next year.

Overall, this was a really fun tradition to start and I know Gideon will be looking forward to it again. I hope you enjoy my pictures and ideas of what we did!

Our Elf Breakfast

Our Elf Breakfast

The note Santa left to introduce the Elf

The note Santa left to introduce the Elf



I love the expression on his face









Doodle painted our noses

The paint didn't stay on our nose so well overnight, but eh well


Doodle put Gideon's underwear on the tree

Doodle put Gideon's underwear on the tree

And was hanging out with the angel

And was hanging out with the angel



I still have some party decorations up...
(don't ask) so Doodle decided to swing in them












He pulled out some Christmas lights

Doodle likes the girls! lol



This is the little tree in Gideon's room


The lizard (Howdy) was missing.
Doodle found him and left him in the bedroom


I was waiting to do this. It finally snowed
outside so I was able to! We had no carrots
though and Gideon was quite worried about it.
lol



Gideon stayed the night at his Aunties house and Doodle
followed him







The picture and note Doodle left





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!