Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Surgery success!

It's been one month and a few days since my hubby had his vasectomy reversal surgery. (If you want to get caught up with our story, check out the fertility label on the right side of the page.) I had read about people scoping at home in my group on babycenter for vasectomy reversals and at first I thought it was really strange. I knew I would never be one of THOSE people. Then I kept reading about people doing it, hubby had his surgery, and I got curious! He doesn't have his official SA until 3 months out so I wont know anything until then, and it's killing me! I mentioned it to hubby and he thought it was really weird. Then after his surgery he mentioned he was curious too. I took that as my ok, but don't spend money. lol. I found someone who happened to have a microscope that they didn't mind me borrowing and decided to try it out! At this point, I know his odds of having actual swimming sperm, is very low. I just wanted to see pieces, even dead. Just to know SOMETHING was getting through. Well we scoped, and guess what?! There was moving swimmers!

I took a video of it and while it's not the greatest video, I thought I'd share. I seriously just took my camera and zoomed it in on the microscope to see what I could see. You only see a very small portion of what I could see and it also didn't always focus correctly, but you could see them moving. It almost looked like fishes. lol.

In case you're curious, (you know you are!) I thought i'd add the video for your enjoyment ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!