Monday, March 11, 2013

#Angrybirds Pig hat

 Recently we went to a birthday party for a friend of my son's. The little boy LOVES Angry Birds and was having an Angry Bird themed party. I found a tutorial online for a crocheted Angry Bird Pig hat that I thought i'd attempt to make and see how I do. I gave myself a month so at least I wasn't rushing and hopefully I could figure it out. I've only crocheted a few items so it was going to be interesting to see how I did. The tutorial is made for an adult hat but I just skipped step 13 and changed steps 11 and 12 to 10 and 11. So step 10 was actually 12. For the most part, I just kept building it out and sticking it on my son's head to get a general size and went off that. I really like this tutorial though as it had a video to go with it and I need videos to help me figure things out sometimes. (The little boy was turning 5 and the hat was just a tad too big, but room to grow without being huge)




Overall, I think the hat turned out super cute! Hopefully the little boy loves it as much as I do. I did the face on the wrong side of that hat, but I don't think anyone noticed but me so i'm not too worried. I'll just know for next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!