Saturday, December 22, 2012

Elf on the shelf and Santa pics & iCaughtSanta review

If you're like me, you've been looking for a site to add a Santa pic to your final Elf on the Shelf picture. If you don't know what i'm talking about, check out my Elf on the Shelf post that I did awhile back. Towards the bottom there is a list of different sites that have great ideas! One of the ideas, thanks to Less Cake More Frosting, was on the final night that your elf was at your home. Because your elf is leaving back to the North Pole that night, he leaves a picture sitting in front of the tree with Santa before he's headed home, as a sort of goodbye present. I think it's a great idea but the way the original poster did it, is not something i'm capable of. I've been trying to find a way to do this for awhile but I don't have photoshop like the original poster had. I originally recommended picmonkey to use because it's a great site when you're layering like that but that wasn't working for me either. I tried to find some images online to add but you have to be able to cut out Santa to add to your pic and that is just not in my list of things I can do. After trying to figure something out I basically gave up and decided it wasn't going to happen which was disappointing because I really do think it's a great idea.

In comes the opportunity to review iCaughtSanta and I jumped at the chance! I hadn't heard of the site before or else I probably would have used it already. The site is fairly easy to use. You upload a picture of your choosing and then get to add Santa. The site states it has 20 Santa poses but in reality it's a few repeats of the same pose with a different looking Santa. They do have a Hispanic and black Santa as well. I did have a little trouble switching between poses but finally figured it out. You're able to scroll through on the main screen of their program, which worked fine, but then to actually change it on your picture is where I had the issue. They have a button that says "insert this pose". I'm assuming they're meaning the Santa pose you picked as it's right underneath the scroll bar. Every time I clicked it though, nothing would change. The way I was able to get it to work was by clicking the "show all" button to see all of the poses and when I would pick one on there, it would then change on my picture. Hopefully this is just a bug that will be fixed soon.

My iCaughtSanta photo


After you add your Santa, you can make him bigger or smaller, rotate him, or even change his brightness and coloring to match your main picture better. This gives you quite a bit of customization. Then you proceed with your picture, pay for it ($9.99), and then you have free access to it. There's also the option to pay an extra $10 to have access to the other caught characters that the site has which is a great deal if you want to do this again. They have cupid, Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy.

You can save it to your computer and print it at home or send it straight off to Walgreens through their program to have it printed. You also have the option to create mugs, t-shirts, coasters, etc. This is now your order screen which you can come back to at any time. There are also social media buttons plugged into the site so that you can post it to Facebook right away or email it to as many people as you'd like.

Now as a special bonus to YOU, my readers, iCaughtSanta is giving away 5 free photo codes to the first 5 readers who post  a comment on this page. Please include your email address and first name so that I can have them e-mail the e-gift certificate to you. For everyone else, if you click the link to iCaughtSanta you will be directed to their contest page, where you can enter to win a free iPad and also have the option of paying only $7.50 for a photo instead of the normal $9.99. You can also purchase gift cards for family members while on the site, if you're interested.

Merry Christmas!

This is my final photo that Gideon will find on Christmas morning.
I went to Picmonkey and added in the text to give it that extra touch.



*Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.

10 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! I'm sad because we didn't have a chance for my son to get a picture with Santa, but I have a great one I can add Santa to!

    My email is practicallygreenmom@gmail.com and my name is Allie.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you haven't gotten to see Santa yet! We are totally slacking and haven't gone yet either but I really need to get on it. I will add you to the list and send it to the company and you should receive your e-certificate soon!

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea! Thanks for letting me know about it.
    Cheers,
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think my boys woul love this, what a neat idea!! Kmartin527@msn.com and Kristina is my first name :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!